HOW TO APPLY/ ENROLLMENT INFORMATION:
Thank you for your interest in applying to Montessori Center School.
Please follow the steps below to complete the online application:
For Prospective Families
- Click on the “Apply Now” button to the right.
- Select the blue “create Account” link to create a Blackbaud username and password.
- After entering your basic information, select the “Create Account” button.
- You will receive an email from email@example.com, click on the link in the email to complete the password process.
Our system may recognize your email address:
- If so, you will get a message in red to click on the “Forgot Login” button. You will then be prompted to enter your email address to receive an automatic reply containing your Blackbaud username and/or password.
For Current Families
- Click on the “Apply Now” button.
- Please enter your Blackbaud username and password when prompted.
A non-refundable $100 fee is required with each application; you will be prompted to pay online at the end of the application.
Upon receipt of your child’s application materials, the Admissions Director will contact you to schedule the assessment piece of the admissions process.
Prior to a decision regarding possible acceptance, applicants are interviewed by a teacher or the Director of Admissions, either individually or in a classroom grouping. Interview notes and recommendations are submitted to the Head of School. Follow-up interviews, when necessary, may be conducted, perhaps by a classroom teacher.
Following interviews with the child and parents, a decision is made by the Head of School and Director of Admissions regarding child's readiness for admission and child's/family's potential to benefit from MCS' programs. Parents are notified of the school's decision by phone. No information regarding placement decision is given, except by the Admissions Director.
Such notification will address readiness and placement considerations only; they are not considered clinical evaluations. Interview specifics remain confidential.
If immediate placement is not an option, the student's name is placed in MCS waiting pool.
Although most enrollments begin in August, children may be enrolled as appropriate openings occur. MCS determines placements in accordance with reasonable classroom balance and potential matches between school/class and candidates. Thus, enrollment is not on a first come first serve basis.
When enrollment is offered, parents receive an enrollment contract, which should be signed and returned immediately, with appropriate fees. MCS anticipates long-term enrollments/re-enrollments, although contracts are annual.
The admissions office schedules a visit for the child that may last:
- 25-30 minutes for Pre-Primary (1.5-3 year old) candidates,
- 30-45 minutes for Primary (3-5 year old) candidates,
- 60 minutes and an additional half-to-full day for most Elementary (ages 6-12) candidates.
When contracts and fees are received by MCS:
1. The child is entered on MCS roll (the speed with which the child is assigned to a specific class depends on when the child is enrolled).
2. All forms are to be returned prior to child's entry.
*Montessori Center School admits students of any race, color, religion, national and ethnic origin, gender identity, and sexual orientation to all rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the School. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national and ethnic origin, gender identity or sexual orientation in the administration of its educational programs, admission and tuition assistance policies, and athletic or other school-administered programs.