The Montessori Center School Pre-Primary Program offers:
- A safe, caring environment that encourages intellectual, social, physical, creative and moral development, preparing very young children (18 months through 3 years) for academic excellence and confident life-long learning and responsible lives.
- A teaching philosophy which recognizes that children are naturally curious and wish to experiment, explore and make sense of the world around them.
- The opportunity for children to work together to develop self confidence in a tender atmosphere of special understanding, support and respect of individual differences.
How are our classrooms organized?
We have two classes (White Door and Gold Door) of pre-primary children aged 18 months to three years in each class. Every class has a head teacher and two support teachers.
What do children learn?
- How to learn
- Skills to prepare them for promotion into a larger mixed-age group such as our Primary Program
What activities do toddlers participate in?
- Working with Montessori materials
- Physical/Playground development activities
- Group learning
- Practical skills such as table setting
- Toilet training
- Spanish Language